Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

"hakulna matata"



On February 20, 2011 my dream of meeting a family of meerkats came true. These funny, but cute animals are small carnivores with a black "bandit" face masks and boldly striped backs. Regularly stands up on its hind legs, using tail as a support. Active by day, in troops of 20 or so individuals led by an alpha pair. Two to five babies are born in a burrow. Forages for scorpions, beetles and other invertebrates. Eagles and jackals are the main predators.
I've decided that I will go and visit them everyday so that they love me by the end of the year.
Thank you Alyssa for making this Sunday one to remember.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Monkeys!

Megan said...

I love this!! :) HA!

Kelsey said...

ewww kate. that tail. they are a little ug. but im sure theyre great company.

Post a Comment