Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

power outages.

The past few days Anele, Kelsey and I have been focusing most of our attention on campus towards advertising an outreach for law students. Last night was the big event and it was so successful, thanks to the Lord's work in getting students there! We had an American lawyer come visit Howard to speak on "God's agenda for the law profession". To be honest, I wasn't sure if this would draw a crowd without having refreshments too...but much to my surprise, students came to hear Brent Perry share from his experience as a lawyer in Texas. I was so encouraged to see how interested and excited these students were to hear how Mr. Perry lives out his faith as a lawyer. The event lasted till around 7, then we headed home only to discover our power had been turned off due to unknown reasons. I have to say I was pretty frustrated by this, seeing that we had not received a power bill this month to indicate a past due amount - either way, I actually really enjoyed a candle lit evening at home...even though we did have to skype with Christie Smith by flashlight (it was kind of like telling ghost stories), until that burned out, and then we lit a candle. I felt like I was being held hostage and questioned by the government (a.k.a. Christie) like they do in 24. Needless to say, I'm still dying laughing about the events of the evening.

I should also mention I've become a shark week fan, as of yesterday. So, Happy Shark Week Y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment