Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

home alone.

It's spring break at Howard so I've had the past few days off. It's already Wednesday, and I don't think I've crossed one thing off my "to do" list. I have been to two movies (One Day and Abduction) and spent the rest of my time reading, which I love! I've been going back and forth between Hudson Taylor's biography and Beth Moore's study on the fruit of the Spirit. I wish I could share with you everything that I am learning but it will have to suffice to say that if you haven't read about the life of Hudson Taylor, YOU SHOULD! I'm astounded by the way the Lord used him in East Asia. Not only did it take him five months, by ship, to reach China, but he also arrived in an unstable time of war and eventually lost two children to sickness. Inspiring would be an understatement. An excerpt from a letter included in his biography reads,
" And yet, grace can make a few feeble instruments the means of accomplishing great things- things greater even than we can conceive."
We are those feeble instruments.

No comments:

Post a Comment