Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

An Easter to Remember





Can you believe the Easter Bunny traveled all the way to South Africa this year? He spoiled me with tons of chocolate treats, magazines, my favorite drink ingredient, a lunch box, fun party napkins, and the sweetest letter ever! Little did I know I would have such a fun surprise when I woke up!


After church and lunch, we had the pleasure of taking Easter happies to our friends at Ukukhanya. It was so fun celebrating Easter with the patients there, though it breaks my heart to think some of them don’t know the One who made the ultimate sacrifice for us so that we could celebrate this day. The two little boys, History and Sphay, dug right into their chocolate bunnies but they were a little bit hesitant when we gave them Play Dou and wouldn’t allow them to eat it. We took a tour around Ntazuma then headed back into town to make potato candy and watch season two of 24.


I honestly had no idea how good potato candy would be! Apparently a lot of people have it at Christmas time and I’ve just been missing out. I will definitely start the tradition in my family from now on and I’ll always remember discovering it in South Africa!


I am so thankful that we were able to celebrate Easter! Praise the Lord for He is Risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment