Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

two things.



This past weekend we took the guys, Anele and Mdu, to the Drakensburg Mountains for a team retreat. Because we arrived late Friday night, we had no idea the beauty that surrounded us. It was a breathtaking surprise when I awakened to see wild horses grazing on the vast green hillside right off of our veranda. We spent the majority of Saturday hiking around and exploring, what seemed to be untouched land. And the rest of our time, we played Phase 10. I had no idea how much fun that game is...I'm definitely addicted now.
I love the peace you get from being in nature, removed from civilization.




In other news...Lauren's cousin, Neesha, and a group of Americans have been traveling around the world, sharing the Gospel to children through games and activities. They've just been to South Africa and are headed to Kenya and India next. It was my privileged to join them one day to see how the Lord is using them. I'll let you check out the website learn more about it, but I must say, I was just amazed by their strategy in making the Gospel relevant for kids. I thought they would probably just play games that I've seen countless times in VBS, but their ideas are new and extremely creative! Chip, the developer, is brilliant! He has such a heart for the word of God and it's so evident in his presentations. I can't wait to see where the Lord takes Grain Game!




I hope you are having a great day! It's almost the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment